Monday, June 1, 2020

The reliquary and some thoughts on Pulp Alley

I've not updated lately, as work on my thesis has taken priority. It's a massive project, but time on other things is also important. I've also been working on some terrain tiles and adapting Pulp Alley to better suit the period. It has had the unintended consequence of getting me excited about (eventually) going back to my Pulp project... but I'm trying to focus here!!

But I wanted to share a small update on the sanctuary. I have completed the reliquary and you can see it below:


This is going straight to my feed #bucketlist #instatravel #militesofinstagram

As you won't get to see it much once the building is sealed up, I didn't mind using a less-detailed piece (I'd rather save those for plot points). It's supposed to evoke the Casket of Teuderic, or something like that.


It started off as a pretty rough plaster cast, I'm not sure where it came from. But I glued some hobby nails in for the gems, painted them and applied some gloss varnish.

I'll be finishing off the interior walls in good time, nothing fancy though. And my rooftiles came in so it's nearing completion. More on that another time.

I also wanted to include what I've done for the plot points so far. I've been careful not to take too much out of the Pulp Alley rulebook, and this is strictly intended for personal use only. You can find out more about Pulp Alley and buy the rules here. As you can see, there's quite a bit of adjustment for some fields, but I wanted to keep the spirit of the original. I've had to remove some tables completely.



Take a look and please share your thoughts in the comments below! 

As for me, back to the books - 'til next time!

1 comment:

  1. Those seem like some good idea to me. Trying to figure out how bomb would work in that era.

    ReplyDelete